Raceto100 – A React App (Beta)
The app is mainly targeted at kids as a trivia game. The goal is to see who will have a better chance of reaching the target number by rolling the dice. In this react version, I have introduced a way to roll dice automatically instead of requiring a player to click on the button. It is a fun game for kids. It will be more fun if the app allows remote players. It’s coming up. At this time, the app is in the Beta state. That means it is continuously getting updated. There is no guarantee that your data will be backed up or stored permanently.
- Single user mode
- Players can create accounts
- You can play without an account
- Play with Robot
- Players can update their username, email, and password while logged in
- Players can delete their accounts completely
- Players can set up their profile pic (avatar or own uploaded pic)
- View scores of other players
- Player dashboard with game stats
It is a opensource app. If you wish to contribute to the development, here’s the GitHub link to explore further.
Riddlie – API for Developers
My first API product is published in one of the popular API marketplaces, RapidAPI. It is a very simple API that serves random riddles, a riddle of the day, a specific riddle, a riddle by difficulty level, and also a riddle of your own interesting keyword. I was inspired to bring this out to the developers to build interesting social dinner table apps as someone gifted my daughter a book on riddles, and we enjoyed solving them until we ran out of them. I started digging more online, finding books, etc. and started collecting them. Once I had collected many, the idea of building an API to help others was a natural one.
I have built this API using Nodejs express framework in the backend, connecting to the MongoDB Atlas cluster, and hosting it as a serverless function on Vercel. It’s just a basic backend of the MERN stack. This gave me an opportunity to learn how APIs really work in the backend, how to control and grant access (authenticating and authorizing), log issues, handle routing, and, most importantly, deal with databases, schema, and models.
- Get Random Riddle serves the riddle randomly (one different riddle per call)
- Get Riddle of the Day serves a fixed riddle per day (does not change in 24 hours)
- Riddle by ID serves specific riddle by riddle ID if it is known
- Riddle by Difficulty Level serves riddles by the level of difficulty specified by you
- Riddle by Keyword serves the riddle by any keyword of interest
Here’s the link to explore further.
Raceto100 – A Dice Game for Kids
- Two player game
- Play with an intelligent robot player
- Mine gold and diamond coins
- Earn Avatars
- Scoreboard to maintain player scores
- Player Profile changing capabilities
I have kept the source code for you to experiment with further on GitHub. Here’s the link to check it out.